This recipe uses Coast's Vanilla Protein Powder as a substitute for baking flour. It cooks much better than whey protein powder without the rubbery texture. We've tweaked this recipe to be both gluten- and dairy-free but you can use regular all-purpose flour and dairy-yogurt if you'd like.
- 1/4 cup Coast Protein's Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (We like Anita's Organic Mill Gluten-free All-purpose Flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup vanilla dairy-free yogurt (Yoso Vanilla Premium Creamy Cultured Coconut)
- 1sp vanilla
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a baking pan (9"x5").
- Sift together cricket powder, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, blend sugar, egg, egg whites, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Blend in mashed bananas and add the dry ingredients - make sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for minutes.
Photo + recipe: @amayzingeats