Add a couple servings of Coast Chocolate Protein Powder to this fool-proof waffle recipe and you'll get airy, fluffy and nutrient dense Belgian waffles!
Go ahead and use your favourite waffle recipe and just replace some of the flour for our protein powder, this recipes usually uses 1.5 cups of all purpose flour but we removed 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour and used Coast's Protein Powder instead.
- 1/2 cup Coast Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 cup All-purpose flour- like Pamela's Gluten Free APF
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or honey)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp water (or nut milk)
Makes 2 large waffles or 3 medium sized waffles. Nutritional info below is based on 3 waffles
- Heat up waffle iron.
- Combine protein powder, all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, eggs, water, vinegar and whisk.
- Slowly add mixture from step 2 into step 1, whisking until most clumps are gone.
- Spray waffle iron with non-sticking spray and pour 1/3 of batter onto hot griddle. In the meantime, you may need to add more water to batter if it sits and thickens
- Cook waffle according to manufacturers instruction.
- Carefully remove waffle from iron and repeat with the other two waffles. Top finished waffle with fresh berries, nuts and syrup. Enjoy!
Calories per waffle (1 of 3): 337
Fat: 15 g Protein: 15 g Carbs: 41 g